Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Seventh Day of Tradition

Silver Dollar City: A couple of years ago, my parents decided that rather than give my kids toys for Christmas, they would buy us a season pass to Silver Dollar City. For the past two years, we went to SDC’s Christmas with my parents. Last year we went on the day before Christmas Eve. It was BELOW FREEZING! This year, we decided to go as early as possible. Between everybody’s work schedules and when our passes worked, we chose the Sunday before Thanksgiving. This year, the weather was perfect. None of us wore coats; long sleeves were sufficient for the beautiful weather. As the kids get older, they have more fun at SDC with their grandparents. This was Brother’s first year to ride a ride; next year he will be able to ride a plethora of rides (as long as they aren’t closed for the weather!).

To read more about our SDC trips, look in my archives. Yes, it would have been helpful if I labeled these...but I didn't. You're a big boy or girl; you can find them all by yourself.

No comments: